Saturday 17 August 2013

Embossed Wall Hanging

Hello Friends,

Today I am sharing a wall hanging made for Color Conception Challenges. This post got delayed as I was super busy with my classes, DT post and then in making something special for my friend's birthday.
This is the wall hanging I made using embossing folders. I have tried so many technique with embossing folders for the first time. And I was really stunned to see the end result. I have shared few dry embossing techniques on CCC blog. You can check them out here.


This is done with  faux letterpress technique.


In this I have used crayon resist technique. And look at diecut vellum flowers. I have embossed them too. Embossing on vellum is the best thing to do with embossing folders.


This last piece is simply sanded.


Supplies Used 
Cardstock - local buy
Memento Inks - lulu lavender , black
Color Box Ink - Espresso
Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Broken China
Dies - Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8, MFT Flourish, Spellbinders Splendid Circles, Memory Box Fabulous Phylox, Courture Creations Circles, IO Butterfly
Stamps - Fiskars all around quotes
Embossing folders - Stampin Up Vintage Wallpaper, Spellbinders So Trendy M-Bossabilties, Provocraft Swiss Dots
Rest Embellishments - from stash

Entering it into
Crafter's Corner Challenge 11 - Anything Goes
DCAM  - Flowers (vellum flowers)
Top Tip Tuesday - Embossing
MMM Challenge - 3D Elements

Hope you like my attempt..love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by :)

17 comments:

  1. Its fabulous poornima..You have done wonders with embossing .All the bEst for challenges !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous wall-hanging Poornima!..The way you use different embossing techniques to create the 3 panels is simply superb..And here I have to mention that your blog-post on the various uses of dry embossing was simply amazing!...Thank you so much for sharing it with us..I love the soft,pretty color's of your wall-hanging :)

    Thank you so much for playing along 'Crafter's Corner' # 11 and Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful poornima, so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many innovative ideas, Poornima!! your post in cc was very informative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. extra ordinary creation ..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous wall hanging so pretty! love the butterfly too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. waoh! so many techiniques in one go lovely creation poornima

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love each and everything about this...the white flowers--so delicate and gorgeous, the hanging rubies and emeralds..so yummy and the gorgeous gorgeous embossing!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab project! Love the colours, excellent use of embossing folders! Thanks for playing along at DCAM Challenge #1 ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE FLOWER!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wall hanging looks gorgeous, loved the vellum flowers especially loved the center piece :) Thank you for playing along at DCAM Challenges & Best of Luck !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really AWESOME!!! Very pretty shades...Thanks for playing along at DCAM Challenge #1 ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE FLOWER!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous wall hanging Poornima. I loved the vellum flowers a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there my dear friend:) I'm sorry I've been MIA but I've been enjoying the last bit of summer with my family before school starts and schedule becomes even more busy:) I hope you are doing well. OMG! your project is simply stunning, gorgeous!! I see that SU embossing folder one of my favs! Thank you for stopping by my friend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poornima you rock !
    I cant figure which panel looks best . All the panels have been so well made
    Thankyou for playing along with at Crafters Corner challenge no 11
    All The best
    Hugs
    Mallika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning !! Love those soft shades. Well coordinated and excellent use of folders
    Thank you for playing along with us at DCAM Challenges #1 Anything goes with a handmade flower.
    All the best .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mind-blowing...wall hanging is super awesome...Thank you for joining the CraftersCorner Challenge#11

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work.Saw that on the color Conceptions blog and loved it.Love the embossing and love the vellum flowers.Thanks for playing along with us at Crafters corner challenge #11.Wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...