Sunday 12 August 2012

My First Explosion Box

Hello Everyone !! Life was so busy here last few days...busy in crafting, gift packaging n making preparations for my cousin's engagement. So I wasn't able to post my recent work.I am so exicted to share my first explosion box. Recently I have seen superb explosion boxes in blogworld and could'nt resist to make one. Actually my cousin wanted to gift her fiance something diffferent and handmade. So i made this box exclusively on her request. I was completely inspired by the explosion box queen Karuna.
P.S. -Picture Heavy Post

This is the front view of the box. I have choosen pastel colours for pp n cardstock as my cousin's fiance like pastel shades more. The outer box measures 11" *11".


All the four sides of the box are same. I didn't use any embellishments on outer walls as i wanted to highlight this beautiful DCWV paper.


This is the top of the box. Due to shortage of time, i used locally bought paper flower.


So here's the box after opening. Love those white hearts that pops out on opening the box.


This is the first layer. I took the pics before adhering all the layers together.


Every part of the layer one has a sentiment..


This is the center part and my favourite one. The central heart is made from small pink roses about 50-60. It took a lot of time to stuck these roses together in heart shape. I have added the initials of the couple in the center of the heart and the love birds on the roses. Love this part !!


Second layer is made to write customized text on tags.The message on the tags is according to the sentiments written in first layer.


I have stuck mini heart stickers on every tag -


This is the last layer with the pics


A side view of the opened explosion box -


Another top view-


So all this was done in 4-5 days. But i think it will easier n faster for me to make my next explosion box.The receiver also loved this !!

Supplies Used -
Cardstock - Local Buy
PP - DCWV
Embellishments - Mostly Local Buy
Ribbon - Local buy
Dies -Spellbinders twisted metal tags n accents & Splendid Circles
Emossing Folder - Cuttlebug Swiss dots
Sentiment on box top - Itsy Bitsy
Stamps - Inkdinkado, Krafter's Kart
Ink - Colorbox black pigment ink
Pins - Local Buy
Punches on tag-Jef
Stickers - Local Buy

Entering it into-
Snehal's Challenge - Any kind of Box
Dream Valley Challenge#38 - Die Cuts or Punches
Tuseday Alchemy Challenge#26 - Used Dry embossing, Dies and ribbon
CIC57 - Things with Wings


Hope u liked it..Waiting for your valuable comments !!
Thanks for stopping by :)


16 comments:

  1. Lovely box! and amazing detailing! Thanks for linking back to me. Am glad i could inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds are beautiful and love the popping hearts. Another stunning creation Poornima. Love how you easily swing between colors in different projects. I tend to get stuck with a pink overdose!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the colors you have used on this one Poornima.. They are just so pleasing to the eye.. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Lovley...Love the shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Poornima...such a beautiful box....thanks for sharing.I loved the details....

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow !!love your explosion box.. the colors are simply fab and all the details just amazing...the central heart of flowers is so beautiful...must have taken quite some time to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your explosion box is so pretty! I have yet to try one out =))

    Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
    Hugs Katya x

    P.S I am having a blog giveaway at my personal blog, you are very welcome to join
    http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie/2012/07/my-blogs-1st-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely & Nice blend of colors.....really loved the centre part with pink roses...i ll try it too...
    Shalu

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the hidden surprises in this exploding box! Great job integrating all of these techniques for Tuesday Alchemy's BINGO challenge this week!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. such an elegant explosion box. Good one

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love every detail:) I really have to make one of these one day! Thank you for stopping by to visit:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty box Poornima! I love the soft colors and all the details. Isn't it fun and addictive to make these boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow this is fabulous! I simply love the pretty blue colour scheme you've used. Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colors..... loved the centre of the box. The flowers are pretty and the birds are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful ! love it !! .ATB.

    attyfattycrafts.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...